Who We Are
We are a pioneer in technology solutions for indoor Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS). Our patented RTLS solutions make indoor GPS a reality.
With broad application across enterprises for tracking assets and people, our RTLS platform has been adopted by many Fortune 100 companies who are leaders in their industrial sectors.
We pride ourselves on strong client relationships, a connected team spirit, and our leading-edge technology.
We believe in unlimited possibilities. By joining our team, you become part of a collaborative and creative environment where teamwork is valued above all. Our culture is global, transparent, and encourages education and career growth.
What we are looking for
We are looking to add an energetic IT Admin to our team. You will work very closely with the software development team to build, enhance, and maintain the server and IT infrastructure for Redpoint products. You will also manage the small number of IT resources housed in the Boston office. You are required to travel occasionally to support systems on customer sites.
- Administer production, staging, test, and development environment hosted on AWS
- Support all system upgrades, deployments, and change requests
- Build and configure delivery environments supporting CI/CD
- Research and implement IT best practices for our small/medium international business
- Support Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Exchange, and Group Policy environment
- Provide training, support and guidance to the technical support team and engineering
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation
- Create and manage user accounts across our cloud IT services for Boston office employees
Who You Are
Someone with ample experience in DevOps and small-business IT with a self-driven attitude and great communication skills:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years in systems administration work experience in Linux environment
- Strong system administration knowledge of Linux (CentOS/RHEL), bash, load distribution, storage, deployment, firewalls, VPN, DNS etc
- Proficient in shell scripting and UNIX utilities
- Thorough knowledge of security best practices including TLS certificates and email security such as DKIM and DMARC
- Experience with Linux package management (RPM-based specifically: yum, RPM, mock)
- Experience with infrastructure automation, automated application deployment, monitoring, logging, reporting and continuous delivery technologies (Ansible and GitLab a big plus)
- Experience with performance monitoring platforms (Prometheus/Grafana) and container management tools (Docker)
- Solid understanding of networking, routers, switches and integrating equipment
- Working knowledge of SQL database administration
Other skills a plus:
- Great communication skills and ability to work well in an international team setting
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks without direct input
- Willing to learn on the job and wear multiple hats
- Experience with AWS, Azure etc. cloud service is a plus
- Network management, familiar with popular switch and router configuration