RTLS for Sensor Networks (IoT)
Automated Intelligence for Work and Home from Redpoint
IoT is about collecting data, making decisions and taking actions. Built as an IoT platform, Redpoint RTLS allows users to do exactly that with its robust connectivity and open interfaces.
Tags and anchors have sensor interfaces to integrate sensors into the Redpoint RTLS. Redpoint’s server APIs provide management of all sensors and sensor data and associate sensor data with a location. Additionally, tags can control actuators through the same sensor interfaces. All these are accomplished within a single deployment of a Redpoint network.
The following are some IoT applications built by our partners:
- Environmental monitoring for safety and energy management, to ensure the work environment meets OSHA requirements and minimizes energy consumption.
- The client can monitor temperature, humidity, lighting, noise level, and radiation level continuously using anchors at fixed locations.
- Integrated sensors such as a thermal meter or a dosimeter collect environmental data to create an environmental heatmap that displays readings, like temperature or radiation concentration, in real-time and continuously.
- Tags can be connected to actuators to control the environment (for example, turn off lights or turn on fans) based on tag location and activity.
- A partner used Redpoint’s RTLS to automate access control.
- Based on the proximity of a tagged vehicle, gates open or close.
- Because only vehicles with the proper tags triggered the gate to open, the solution ensures that only authorized badges are present in the area.
- A data center company uses the system for energy management.
- Tags were connected to actuators to control the facility’s cooling system based on the sensed temperature.
- Redpoint tags can monitor the server rack micro-environment. For data center applications, Redpoint’s technology is used for its superior signal robustness, with minimal signal loss in the metal-lined server rooms.
- An integrator created a wearable tracking device with biometric sensor to measure body temperature, heartrate and other biometrics in addition to location